Leadership is a learned skill. Even "born leaders" need
training. Headwaters develops leaders in any industry by providing customized
programs that usually involve 15-25 participants considered by the organization
to be "high potentials" for leadership excellence. Our GrowingLeaders
process typically involves five steps:
Program components usually include:
- Identify the skills, behaviors and
values the company wants its people to demonstrate;
- Design program modules around those
- Coordinate all program workshops,
which may include hiring outside expert faculty and customizing Headwaters’ training
modules such as MissionCritical Teaming and LeadingChange
- Facilitating the regularly scheduled
meetings (e.g. one day per month for a year)
- Providing ongoing evaluation and redesign
Our Commitment: Headwaters will develop your high potentials to embody
the leadership skills, characteristics, behaviors and values that define
excellence in your company.
- Use of various assessment instruments which
give feedback on the participants’ skill levels and behaviors.
- One-on-one coaching to build strengths and
address weaknesses. Ideally, coaching is done over the entire length
of the program. We have found it to be one of the highest ranking "return
on investment" aspects of our GrowingLeaders program.
- Creating action learning projects related
to the subject matter being taught, e.g., developing a new product
idea when the subject is innovation.
- Alumni events linking all of the learning
together, often presented by world-class leadership development experts.