Successful organizational change ultimately depends
on the individuals who make up the company. Unless individual growth
and development occur concurrently with organizational change, unproductive
embedded behaviors will continue to thrive and undermine progress.
PartnershipCoaching is all about learning new behaviors. It is not about
changing who people are. It is a specialized coaching process using highly
skilled executive coaches whose mission is to develop more effective
leaders or team members.
Headwaters coaching impacts people by:
Steps in a typical Headwaters PartnershipCoaching process include:
- Raising their awareness of the effect their
personal leadership and behaviors have on others
- Helping them make informed choices about behaviors
they wish to change
- Supporting them in changing those behaviors
- Deepening their individual learning, leading
to more powerful and results-oriented interactions with their peers.
Our commitment: Because our seasoned professional coaches truly understand how behavioral change is realized, we will make it happen. This is the reason Headwaters recommends the inclusion of individual coaching as a critical component of our other processes.
- Developing a "contract" between the coach and the individual to obtain
clarity about roles, scope and outcomes
- Assessment using research-based diagnostic
tools to identify each individual’s developmental gaps and growth
- Developmental planning to determine what behaviors
to change, processes to use in making these changes, and mentors
who can support the change
- Coaching "to the plan" over a period of time
to help the individual set and achieve milestones, overcome barriers
and monitor progress
- Reassessment by peers, leaders and subordinates
to determine if gaps have been bridged
- Closure to complete the coaching relationship.